This Sunday marks the ten year anniversary of the greatest tragedy in modern American history, the attacks of September 11, 2001. And while the wounds of these attacks in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. are deep and irreparable they show the world that America is a resilient country, a country that will not lay down in the face of adversity. This characteristic has best been exemplified by the FDNY, NYPD, First Responders and carried on by our service men and women who defend our rights and way of life across the globe.
Although it never seems like enough, we say thank you to the heroes of that day and of the days and years that have followed. We also send our deepest, most heart felt regards to the families left behind by all that were lost as a result of these attacks and the ensuing wars. America continues to be “…a shining city upon a hill..” and will carry on as strong as ever.
- Obama Heralds ‘Resilient Nation’ on Sept. 11 Anniversary Eve (abcnews.go.com)
- Obama, Giuliani discuss American safety in weekly addresses (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Beyond 9/11: Portraits Of Resilience (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cuomo unveils 9/11 remembrance flag (timesunion.com)
- Celebrating “the enduring strength of American character” in Washington D.C. ()
- Beyond 9/11: Portraits of Resilience Opens in New York (newsfeed.time.com)
- After 9/11 : Fireman Speaks With ABC News 10 Years Later (abcnews.go.com)